Thinking about getting inked? Stop by Annerley’s 10 Fanny Street and you’ll be transported to cute “rockabilly heaven”. Mimsy’s Trailer Trash Tattoo is the best place to go to get inked in Annerley. Style Magazine’s leading pick as one of Brisbane’s Best Tattoo Studios, Mimsy’s Trailer Trash Tattoo reportedly has “a veritable gold mine of talent” for all your custom tattoo needs.
Stepping into Mimsy’s, you’ll see that the place is a retro rock haven for body art enthusiasts. Visit Mimsy’s pastel pink 1959 Sun Liner trailer and you’ll see why. Pink flamingos, white picket fence, retro furniture pieces, and framed rockabilly artworks are just some of the decors that adorn this charming tattoo hub. And oh! There’s a Tiki lounge, too, where you can just relax.
Since their grand opening flash day last 19th of February this year, they have been constantly gaining attention from the locals due to their quirky establishment, fun customer service, and amazing tattoo artistry.
A Fun Team of Talented Body Artists
View this post on Instagram
Day 1 crew!! In our new #annerley location!!! @clayton_tattoo @chantel_666 @tommydoom @mimswah & meeeee we are really freakin excited to welcome you all to the new digs / please feel free to stop by and have a look see any time you like! 10 fanny street annerley ❤️🎉 (or our grand opening is on the 19th February) #trailertrashtattoo #tattsonfanny
Annerley’s one-stop spot for custom tattoos prides itself on having a talented team that specialises in neo-traditional and American traditional body art styles. Their bespoke designs, colourful creations, and attention to detail are what make Mimsy’s a favorite tattoo hub among many body art enthusiasts.
Meet Mimsy, Tommy Doom, Chantel, Clayton Drew, and Jesse Castle. They are the team members behind Mimsy’s intricately vibrant rockabilly designs. The owner of Trailer Trash Tattoo, Mimsy herself is a full-time tattoo artist. Mimsy specialises in “cutesy, girly style.” Her fondness for cute and adorable feminine stuff is evident on her tattoo designs and the tattoo hub itself.
Click here to see Mimsy’s Instagram gallery.
Each of the other tattoo artists has their own personal artistic touch. This way, customers are guaranteed to be inked by the artist that would best match the intricacies of their preferred design and their personal taste.
Check out the Instagram galleries of Mimsy’s team members:
Things to Remember Before & After Getting Inked
- Make sure you’re already 18-years-old. It is against the law to tattoo a minor.
- Prepare the “idea, placement, sizing (in centimetres), budget and any questions you may have” for your desired custom tattoo.
- Be sure to have eaten within four hours prior to your tattoo appointment.
- Do not take any blood thinners (like aspirin or ibuprofen) within 24 hours of being inked.
- Do not consume alcoholic drinks within 8 hours.
- Once tattooed, leave the cling wrap on for an hour. Upon removal, you can then wash the tattooed area with plain soap and water.
- Once the area is air-dried, apply only a very small amount of ointment (such as After Ink, Bepanthen, or Lucas’ Paw Paw).
- Do not peel the scabs on the tattooed area or else the colour will drop out.
- Do not soak the newly tattooed area or do not go swimming just yet until the area is totally healed.
Mimsy’s Trailer Trash Tattoo is open from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Mondays to Saturdays. They are closed on Sundays. Walk-ins are welcome but you may also book in by calling 07 3848 5964 or emailing at email@example.com.
Erasing a Tattoo
If you’re already inked and want to remove your previous tattoo to make way for a new one, head on down 2km away from Mimsy’s vintage hub. There you will find the Lazco Tattoo Removal clinic. Conveniently located at Stones Corner’s 309 Logan Rd, the clinic specialises in 100% tattoo removal with their state of the art laser machines. Consultation is free. You may contact them on 07 3397 0270.