The Lagonda Street Park pedestrian bridge repair project is now well underway with target completion in late 2019.
The Lagonda Street Park pedestrian bridge which connects Lagonda Street and Norman Street in Annerley is now undergoing repair work to keep it compliant to safety standards and extend its serviceable lifespan.
The repair works which commenced in early October 2019 included repairing the existing bridge structure and handrail; embankment protection works; landscaping and tree trimming works.
Whilst some of the repair works may be undertaken after work hours, for the most part, repair works will be done between 7am and 5pm, Monday to Saturday. A temporary detour is now in place along Vallely Street and Lagonda Street to maintain access for pedestrians whilst the bridge remains inaccessible.
The Lagonda Street Park bridge repair project is part of the Council’s $100-million four-year Better Bikeways 4 Brisbane program which started July 2016. The list of completed projects beginning in late 2018-19 to 2019-20 financial year include:
- C.T. White Park Lookout rehabilitation project (part of boardwalk rehabilitation projects) located in Kangaroo Point
- Kangaroo Point Bikeway upgrade: Stage 1 (Goodwill Bridge to Veloway 1) in South Brisbane
- Normanby Fiveways Bikeway lighting project (North Brisbane Bikeway) in Spring Hill
- Woolloongabba Bikeway project in Woolloongabba
- Beams Road culvert widening project in Fitzgibbon
- Elwyn Street bridge replacement in Northgate
- Ashridge Road Bikeway lighting project in Darra
- Meadowbank Street Park bridge replacement in Carindale
- Moreton Bay Cycleway, Elanora Park (Wynnum to Export Street) in Wynnum
- Kangaloon Street pedestrian bridge replacement in Jindalee
Other projects that are either underway or soon to be undertaken include:
- Boardwalk rehabilitation projects in Bretts Wharf Riverwalk, Hamilton; C.T. White Park Lookout, Kangaroo Point; and Mariners Reach Riverwalk, Newstead.
- Removing bicycle deflection rails (‘banana bars’) from bikeways and shared paths.
- Real-time bikeway counters
- Brisbane City – Botanic Gardens Riverwalk project
- Aspley – North Brisbane Bikeway: Webster Road to Robinson Road West project
- Lutwyche and Wooloowin – North Brisbane Bikeway: Bridge Street to Kedron Brook
- Wilston – Noble Street pedestrian bridge removal
- Auchenflower – Patrick Lane intersection improvements project
- Chapel Hill and Kenmore – Sutling Street bridge replacement project
- Indooroopilly – Indooroopilly Riverwalk